Software Engineer, Backend
About the role:
D2 Nova is an innovative start-up based in Santa Barbara, California and Taipei, Taiwan. We’re obsessed with our beautifully simple, email-disrupting messaging app and are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our close-knit, collaborative group. This is role will be based in our Santa Barbara, California office.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and energetic developer wanting to work across both mobile and web experiences. Start at the ground floor and help define, roll out, and evolve a new Enterprise Cloud service, in an entrepreneurial environment where you can achieve rapid professional growth and make meaningful contributions to the success of the product.
· Collaborate as part of a small, nimble development team to help architect, design, develop, test, and deploy new Enterprise Software as a Service products.
· Work closely with senior execs, R&D, Sales, Operations, and QA organizations to create go-to-market product and continuous “learning” process
A qualified candidate has a mix of the following experiences, and an eagerness to ramp up quickly in areas where they are lacking in hands-on industry experience.
· BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
· 1-5 years’ experience
· Strong C/C++ programming experience
· Strong understanding of multitasking/multiprocessing environments
· Experience with databases
· Experience with email or SMS protocols
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience with WebRTC
• Experience with design patterns
• Understanding of Agile and test-driven development methodologies
• A strong desire to learn new technology and teach others
• Strong analytical, problem solving and production diagnostic skills
• Experience training and mentoring others