About the role:
D2 Nova is an innovative start-up based in Santa Barbara, California and Taipei, Taiwan. We’re obsessed with our beautifully simple, email-disrupting messaging app and are looking for an enthusiastic Interaction Designer with an interest in user research to join our close-knit, collaborative group. This is an entry-level role and will be based in our Santa Barbara, California office.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and energetic designer wanting to work across both mobile and web experiences. We’re looking for someone with a passion for interaction design but who is also comfortable talking to customers and running usability tests. You’ll define user flows, journey maps and information architectures as well as wireframing. You have knowledge of the latest mobile and web interaction patterns and a desire to use animations and micro interactions to inspire delightful experiences.
We want to hear from you if you are naturally curious and are interested in developing a deep empathy with users. You should also be analytically minded too, as you’ll be responsible for interpreting our Google analytics data and identifying insights that will influence our product roadmap.
· Bachelor degree or higher in design, communications, marketing or related degree
· Knowledge of interaction design principles and patterns, wireframing
· Enthusiastic and ready to learn
· Detail oriented, analytical
· Good communication skills
· Online or pdf portfolio
· Experience designing mobile and web apps
· Experience defining user flows, journey maps, information architectures
· Knowledge of responsive design, animation
· Experience with InVision or other prototyping tools
· Experience with Sketch or other design tools
· Experience running usability tests, user interviews, writing reports and making recommendations