Senior Software Engineer, Front End
About the role:
D2 Nova is an innovative start-up based in Santa Barbara, California and Taipei, Taiwan. We’re obsessed with our beautifully simple, email-disrupting messaging app and are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our close-knit, collaborative group. This is role will be based in our Santa Barbara, California office.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and energetic developer wanting to work across both mobile and web experiences. Start at the ground floor and help define, roll out, and evolve a new Enterprise Cloud service, in an entrepreneurial environment where you can achieve rapid professional growth and make meaningful contributions to the success of the product.
· Designing and implementing web app functionalities
· Designing test plan and writing test cases.
· Refining, refactoring, optimizing code.
· Mentoring and training (both peers and less experienced software development staff)
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· 3 to 4 years developing front end commercial applications
· Ability to design and write maintainable/extensible code
· Ability to create software components and to debug software at an advanced level
· Ability to critique and review colleagues code for design and soundness
· Knowledge of design patterns and refactoring
· Knowledge of using browser profiling tools and results analysis
· In-depth experience with AngularJS
· Unit testing frameworks: Jasmine
· RWD design
· RESTful API usage and design
· Experience of working with source code version control systems (Subversion or Git)
· Commercial experience of AngularJS (Knowing Angular2, Typescripts is a plus)
· Mobile experience (Native Scripts, React Native).
· End-to-end testing: Protractor
· Online or pdf portfolio
· Experience designing mobile and web apps
· Experience defining user flows, journey maps, information architectures
· Knowledge of responsive design, animation
· Experience with InVision or other prototyping tools
· Experience with Sketch or other design tools
· Experience running usability tests, user interviews, writing reports and making recommendations